I found this idea from my very great friend Miranda of Not Super…Just Mom. She decided that we needed to find at least ONE day in the week that we claim as a GOOD DAY.
I clearly need one of those, you guys.
So, I am declaring today Super Sunday.
Let me tell you why…
1. Tomorrow and Tuesday? Are my only work days this coming week. Hooray for a five-day weekend!
2. As I type this post? Some of my best friends in the whole world who I haven’t seen in a LONG time are relaxing at their parents’ house only about a mile from my house. Later this week? We will be spending lots of time with them.
3. My son likes broccoli
4. Cort made cinnamon rolls and picked up Starbucks this morning.
5. Eddie’s giggles are contagious
6. Thanksgiving is this week. That means turkey.
7. The pumpkin chocolate chip muffins I made from this recipe? are a total hit.
8. Friday is black Friday shopping with my mom. A totally fun tradition.
9. Friday night my mom has agreed to babysit so Cort and I can gather with our best friends from all over the country and catch up. We haven’t all been together like this in over a year…maybe two.
10. there will be lots of wine this week.
And today? Today I don’t have to leave the house…or my jammies for that matter. That in and of itself is pretty darn super.
So despite whatever other stresses are going on, I am determined to focus on the positive today and take advantage of this lazy day.
I will ignore the crud under Eddie’s high chair, the crumbs on the floor, the dust on every surface, and the toys that have taken over my living room.
I may even ignore the quizzes I was going to grade.
Because I need time to just be.
Plus? I might even shave my legs today in a long shower. Maybe.
Don’t forget to check out my scentsy party going on now through Tuesday! All purchases get put in a drawing for a FREE plug-in warmer! That is a $15 value and perfect for a bathroom!
And don’t forget to link up here on Tuesday for Top Ten Tuesdays! This week’s list? What is on your child(ren)’s Christmas lists?