Well, here we are on Christmas break, and before me lies twelve days before we hit the weekend of going back to school. I would like to say I am totally prepared and am jumping off the walls with excitement about being home with all three kids for the next two weeks.
But that would only be partly true.
While I do have some fun things planned for break–including way too much sugar–we will have a lot of down time too. Cortney and I are really trying to keep the boys off their ipads and tablets, but I figure watching movies and shows together is cool, right?
RIGHT! Which is one reason we love Netflix. Here are twelve more–because twelve days of Christmas. Get it? Yeah, so anyway…
- We can watch it anywhere in our house. We have a roku TV in our room, a Wii downstairs. a Roku TV upstairs, and an ipad mini. Technically all four TV-watchers could be watching a different Netflix show at the same time.
- There are choices for all of us individually AND as a family.
- The League
- Seemingly endless episodes of Phineas and Ferb
- All of the Pokemon that Eddie can handle.
- Eddie being able to work Netflix from any device all on his own–which means he can start a show for his brother and himself at 7am allowing me to sleep a little longer.
- No commercials
- All the Christmas movies and episodes of things to fill a few afternoons. Ahem.
- Orange is the New Black
- Individual profiles so we don’t have Curious George in our favorites next to Breaking Bad.
- There is ALWAYS something to watch.
- Say what you will about screens and shows, but watching Netflix is truly something we do as a whole family. I love that.
What are you watching this holiday season?
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post.. I am a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam so I get free Netflix streaming and a device to watch it on. The opinions here are always my own.