Welcome to Top Ten Tuesdays!!! We’ve had quite a varied array of topics here (if you want to visit some of our previous Top Ten Tuesdays, check them out here)–sometimes things are happy, sometimes not.
This week, I am using Top Ten Tuesdays to get some venting out. This week? I am telling you the Top Ten things I could do without.
10. Depression-induced ANYTHING-I probably would have saved this one for number one, but it’s the first one that stumbled out of my brain. I could really do without the second-guessing, the anxiety, the jealously, the questioning, the paranoia, etc that my stupid depression fosters in my brain.
9. Sid The Science Kid- I really dislike Sid. Like really, really. He is so obnoxious. I know, I know…many of you like him because he makes science fun and he loves his mom. But really? He is a tool. I do NOT want Eddie to act like that.
8. Dust- I can’t remember the last time I dusted. And it shows. I hate dust. The house can be vacuumed and picked up, but that stupid dust makes everything feel…grimy. and it’s not just on furniture. It’s on my kitchen appliances (getting all sticky the way kitchen dust gets); it’s on my washer and dryer; it’s even in the bathroom.
7. Whining – I realize as mothers there is a certain amount of whining to be expected. I get it. But after a whole day of whining teenagers, the last…I mean the LAST thing I want to deal with is a whiny toddler. It’s just whining-overload. And then I log on to my computer and there are adults being whiny. Really? I need about 2/3 of the whine to be cut out and I could cope without pulling my hair out.
6. clean diaper poops- Ok moms. You know what I am talking about. Twelve seconds after you get a dry diaper on y our child, he/she takes a giant dump. Really? You couldn’t have done that in the wet diaper? Now I have to change you AGAIN. Diapers cost money, son. You really aren’t being cost effective with your poo schedule.
5. Almost every single reality program on TV- I used to really love TV. Ok, who am I kidding. I still love TV. But I get crabby when I can’t find a non-reality TV show…even on my once favorite channels like the History Channel. I really miss when I could snuggle down on the couch on a Sunday and watch hours of documentaries. Now? I get hours of Ax Men. How in the HECK is that History Channel material?
4. More snow – Ok, we had our big dump of snow for the year. It gave us two days off from school (which were VERY needed), but I am ready to be done now. No more snow. It can stay cold for awhile (until March 1, thank you), but how about no more snow. I think the 18 inches we have outside is good.
3. The crying at bed time- I love doing the bedtime routine. I do. It’s my thing and I am usually way good at it. But lately? Eddie just can’t figure it out. He wants to go to bed, but as soon as he is there out goes his lamby and pipey and blankets and the screaming commences. We rock him, put him back. Usually we have to go in at LEAST one more time. It makes me tired. And I hate that he goes to sleep with me crabby at him.
2. The sleepiness in my morning commute – When people hear that I have a 35-40 minute one-way commute (on a good, non-snowy, trafficky day), they ask me why I don’t look for something closer to home. I really don’t mind my commute. most of the time. In the evening it’s not bad because that is when I get most of my thinking/brainstorming done. But in the morning? Lately? I get a serious case of the drowsies. Not the “man, I am tired” kind of drowsies, but the “holy crap my eyes won’t focus and I am seeing double of things and was that me that just hit the rumble strips? crap.” yeah…those. I could do without those.
1. Wal-Mart- I don’t think I need to explain this again.
There it is! See…I REALLY think my life would be thousands of times better without those 10 little things, don’t you? So tell me…what are the things YOU could do without? Link up or leave a comment…but I want to know!