Again you can blame the crowd over on twitter for this week’s Top Ten Topic…although this one was on my idea list. I just wasn’t sure I wanted to spill all my guilty pleasures for all the world to know.
But it is time. Time for me to come clean about my
10. Diet Coke – this one is a huge one. I had my first swig of the lovely nectar in 8th grade. My math teacher LOVED the stuff and collected cans in her room. In pyramids. I wanted to know what was so great about it. I was never really able to drink sugary sodas, so this was perfect.
I have been hooked ever since. My only hiatus was during my pregnancy with Eddie. I tried to do caffeine free, but it tasted weird and I had the worst reflux known to man.
I have been told to cut out soda to help weight loss. and I have cut way back, but I just can’t give up the good stuff completely.
9. The Red Carpet – almost any red carpet will do. Award season is my favorite sport season. And don’t say it’s not a sport. It’s totally brutal
8. Fashion Police – Not the show that is now on weekly (although I do not mind that either in fact “bitch stole my look” is my favorite segment on that show), but the actual fashion police after the awards. For instance tonight? It will be the Oscars Fashion Police. You know I will not be missing this.
7. Popcorn – and not healthy, low fat, nothing added popcorn. No, my favorite? Movie theater popcorn with TONS of extra butter. I read somewhere that in a large tub? You get all the calories you need for one day. I would so sacrifice the rest of my day’s calories just to sit and mow down on a huge tub of greasy goodness.
6. America’s Next Top Model – admittedly I hate almost all reality shows. But this one? I love. I haven’t watched it that much (I missed the end of the last cycle and I have the first episode of this season on Tivo that I haven’t watched yet), but if there is a marathon on a Sunday? My day is DONE.
5. Mc Donalds – who am I kidding…it’s really the filet-o-fish from Micky D’s. And now that it’s the magical season of lent? You KNOW I get my nom on with the double filet. My head knows it’s disgusting, my my heart? Oh my heart is so in love.
4. Facebook – this one IS really guilty because I HATE that I am so addicted to it. I don’t post all over it like I used to–I use it mainly to keep in touch with people and for my fan pages, but I do enjoy
creeping looking at everyone’s pictures and reading their profiles. It is a bit silly how easy it is to know what people are up to…and also completely addictive.
3. online shopping – specifically etsy. Oh Mah Lawd how I can get stuck on etsy…for HOURS! Mostly just browsing, but not always. Let’s just say my email inbox? Always has one or two receipts hanging out waiting for shipping info.
2. Peanut Butter M&Ms – Oh how I love you. And oh how I love that my husband does not buy them every week with groceries or I would be about 72345098 pounds.
1. Twitter – It’s like I can’t be away from it! I have tweetdeck open on my laptop ALWAYS, I have it on my phone, and I check in at work on the web. I completely get sucked into EVERY conversation. It’s probably the same reason I was always up until all hours chatting in real life back in college. Now I am all over it online. Sometimes? It’s a problem. (by the way? I am @ksluiter if you want to
feed my addiction tweet with me).
And now you all know my dirty little secrets…you know why I can’t let the weight go and why when it seems like I am ALWAYS around on twitter? It’s because I am.
Now it’s your turn to spill. What are YOUR guilty pleasures?
psst…if you are on facebook and you are feeling generous with your clicking finger? Please click here and vote for Sluiter Nation. This grant could help fund my trip to BlogHer!! You can vote once a day!