I don’t think any of my Top Ten lists have been easy for me to write.
Sometimes it is hard to come up with TEN of something.
And sometimes it’s hard to LIMIT it to ten of something.
This is one of those times when it’s hard to choose…it’s hard to pick what I want to share with you.
But here it is. My Top Ten Favorite Posts that I have written…
10. Letter to my Former Self: Go ahead. Click that link. Yes, there are awkward pictures. I like this post because it prompted me to look back into the eyes of that younger version…to be the wise one.
9. Welcome Home: I had been thinking a lot about what it meant to feel “at home” when I wrote this. My bedroom has ALWAYS been my place of refuge.
8. A Letter at 18: I have read other blogs where mommas write letters to their little ones. I wanted to try. I love what I wrote about here and hope to continue writing “love letters” to my little boy.
7. Another Year: I wrote this in August of 2007…way back when I was first starting this journey of blogging. It is NOT my best writing…but it’s evidence that I have stories to tell…
6. The Big News…in case you haven’t heard: This was my most joyous post of 2008. Again, this was when the only audience for my blog was my family and a few friends. Going back and reading it, I realize how much differently I write now.
5. Happy Anniversary to Us: This post makes me smile because it was just days before we became parents…and life would change forever.
4. My NEW Favorite Thing: This still brings tears to my eyes. Again…we had no idea.
3. What it’s Not: My list (which was featured on Post-Postpartum Progress) of what PPD isn’t…to me. My friends and family had a bit of a hard time understanding and relating to me having a mental disorder. Some still do.
2. White Walls: my take on what it feels like to be thrown into something HUGE and traumatic…and how lonely it is.
1. until the next break: This is one of my newer posts. I wrote it right before coming back to work after Christmas break this year. After so much trouble bonding with my son…so many problems FEELING like a mom…I realize my son and I? We have something special.
I can’t lie…there are many, MANY more posts that I love or that are very special to me (I have a whole other blog of memories that I haven’t included here), but this is Top Ten.
What are you favorite posts? What have you written that is dear to you? I want to know! Share with me…I will read!
Don’t forget to enter my Show Me How! giveaway on Katie’s Bookcase! Guaranteed to cure cabin fever for your little ones! Enter now!