Usually Tuesdays in Sluiter Nation are Top Ten Tuesday…and today is no different! However today, since it’s our blogging love week, I am going to focus on the Top Ten Reasons I Love to Blog.
Make sure to go check out Miranda‘s Top Ten today too and then link of your own Top Ten Reasons to Blog!
So here I go…
10. My friends and family know what the heck we are up to. I know this one sounds lame, but it is the reason I started the blog back in 2007…so the people I love would know about our lives. In fact, I always had to email the link once every couple weeks to everyone because I had NO idea how to do RSS or email subscriptions let alone tell people about them.
9. This is MY house. I know it’s been said before, but your blog is your house. You can have your opinion (not that I do very opinionated stuff, really, but the OPTION is there). I like that one day I can write a letter to my son and the next day I can talk about my depression. And I can say what I want because it is MY space in this world.
8. Blogging it out. Time and time again I have come here or to twitter to just pound my feelings out onto my keyboard…into my screen…and out into the interwebs. And you know what? You can read or not read, but I feel better getting it out of my head. That is something I didn’t know my blog could be when I first started it.
7. The Other Blogs. Part of my love of blogging is YOU. reading YOUR blogs. Finding women people who I can relate to…whose words touch me.
6. Community. This one is going to be on here twice…because there are two kinds I have found. There is the community right here…in Sluiter Nation. You. You who come here and support me and love me and converse with me (and those of you who don’t, you’ll notice that your comments do not show up…see reason #9: MY HOUSE).
5. Community. I love blogging for the communities that have been formed here. I have found PPD communities here and here (amongst others). I have found writing communities like this. And I have found places to safely publish stories that are very sensitive to me with the security that only positive, loving comments will be let through.
4. A Creative Outlet. I had NO idea…NO IDEA…i could write. I mean, I knew I could write essays and teach the basics of grammar, but to actually put something together with voice? that could move someone? No idea. Blogging has challenged me to be a better writer…something I love.
3. Friends. If you told me a year ago that by February 2011, I would have a whole slew of new best friends…and that i would have only met a teeny tiny few of them in real life? I would have laughed at you and called you ridiculous. No one meets people online (no one that isn’t a little weird). But it’s true. I have met women here who I consider extremely close friends. And I have never met them. well, in real life.
2. Showing Off. I have made a point of always being honest. And honestly? I like to be the center of attention (just ask my mom). Blogging is like my own personal spotlight.
1. My Life: In Writing. Someday? I will be old and not so typey typey on the computer. My children will be grown and gone. Some day I will be gone. And my children, my grandchildren…they will have my words. They will have pictures of us. They will know what life was like through my eyes. Think of how precious of a gift that is. Can you imagine if you had a book handed to you of what your great great grandmother had written? For the good and the bad? These are my words. My experiences.
ps. since this is a blog hop and we are loving on blogging, please try to comment on as many people in the hop as you can…even if it’s just the person ahead of you and after you in the lineup! WE LOVE BLOGGING!